On Nov 9, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

On Nov 8, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:

How about "zope.transaction"?

Guido recently told me that people in the Python community at large assume that anything in the Zope namespace is assumed to be Zope specific, so I'd rather not put it there.

Does it matter? People who are allergic to the name "zope" can probably lose.

It maters to me.

OK. I defer here. But in general, I think what would probably work better than a new "z" namespace or any other avoidance of the "zope" name is is better dependency specifications, so people would feel better about trying to "easy_install" zope.* packages. Tres suggested yesterday that we should write a buildbot-like thing that checked out each top-level package in SVN and installed it into a fresh virtualenv to see what its dependencies actually are and fix the too-conservative dependencies.

I've made a 'zope.transaction' package that I'll rename to 'transaction': one test still fails in its current state, which I should get fixed today:

http://svn.zope.org/zope.transaction/trunk/

WeakSet is in weakset.py. It also contains TimeStamp, which will get moved out of persistent.

The tests work (reqt's are downloaded) if you do "setup.py test -q"

- C