Christian Theune wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 05:34:59PM -0500, Kenneth Miller wrote:
Hello all,

I'm currently developing my application ontop of zodb/zeo, and the idea of having the Zeo server the only single point of failure still bothers me. My question is, has anyone thought of any solutions for this. My idea was to have a few or more background processes that kept multiple servers synced and concurrent. Any thoughts?

Just to make sure that all of the authors involved with anything here spoke
up, please refer to the other two mails by Gary and Shane. ;)

Heh.

How is the ZEO RAID project going, anyway? It seems like a good idea and I don't think it actually depends on ZEO, does it? For example, I wonder if it's possible to create a RAID storage around a set of RelStorage instances.

I got a report from one person who put RelStorage behind a ZEO server. Apparently it works fine, though I haven't tried it myself. Maybe we're finally reaching the point where we can choose from several ZODB storage components and connect them with ease.

Shane