[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote On 07/31/06 07:36,:
Hi all,

I have a customer with the following question....

I'm curious on what the best way to propagate all the user accounts on the global zone down to the zones that are already created. The only way that I know is to just copy the files needed like /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow, etc. Is there a way to inherit these config files during the zone creation in order to skip the manual copy of these files if the accounts stay the same?? They will need home directories
also.

Just like you would share them between ordinary systems: using a nameservice.

Just as you would do if these were different systems TM.

Home directories are more problematic; you will need to loopback mount them into the local zones.

Is the underlying problem being worked on, or is it worth an RFE to make this transparent (automount if remote, auto-lofs if local (not sure how to tell))?

Steffen

Casper