Glenn Faden writes:
> >It can easily tell this though.
> >

> It's not obvious to me how the non-global zone can determine the
> hostname of its global zone unless the global zone puts that information
> somewhere (like in a new file).

It should not be based on something flimsy (and user-administrable)
like the host name.

Instead, I think we need a way to ask the system (perhaps a new
ioctl?) whether a given known IP address represents a local address or
a remote one.

Or just fix the deadlock.  ;-}

> Seems like the kernel has to help out here.

I agree.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>