Hello all,

A little interesting thing that have happened to me when I tried to install
Legato Networker 7.3.1 on my test server. I thought i should share this with
you. There might be some configuration error that i am responsible for or maybe
it's a feature. Could also be related to my other thread:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13152&tstart=0

Legato 7.3.1, I started by issuing the normal pkgadd -d . for starting the
installation when i got an error messages saying that some other process in
EPSU83 (zone 1) was running package management so i could not get explicit hold
of a 'lock' file of some kind. After a little 'fiddling' i decied to shutdown
my zones as i thought -Why should Networker need access into them.

[b]# zoneadm -z epsu83 halt[/b]
[b]# zoneadm -z epsu84 halt[/b][b]

# zoneadm list -cv[/b]
ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
0 global           running        /
- epsu83           installed      /tank/zones/epsu83
- epsu84           installed      /tank/zones/epsu84

I had my 2 zones 'halted' and launched the pkgadd of Legato. Everything is run
by root in the global zone.
[b]# pkgadd -d .[/b]

The following packages are available:
  1  LGTOclnt     NetWorker Client
                  (sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208
  2  LGTOlicm     NetWorker License Manager
                  (sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208
  3  LGTOman      NetWorker Man Pages
                  (sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208
  4  LGTOnmc      NetWorker Management Console
                  (sparc) 3.2.2.Build.208
  5  LGTOnode     NetWorker Storage Node
                  (sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208
  6  LGTOserv     NetWorker Server
                  (sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: [b](Here i take all packages)[/b]
## Booting non-running zone <epsu83> into administrative state
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to boot zone: problem running </usr/sbin/zoneadm> on zone
<epsu83>: error 1
zoneadm: zone 'epsu83': mount of /proc failed: Bad address
zoneadm: zone 'epsu83': call to zoneadmd failed

pkgadd: ERROR: no changes made to zone <epsu83>: unable to boot zone
## Booting non-running zone <epsu84> into administrative state
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to boot zone: problem running </usr/sbin/zoneadm> on zone
<epsu84>: error 1
zoneadm: zone 'epsu84': mount of /proc failed: Bad address
zoneadm: zone 'epsu84': call to zoneadmd failed

pkgadd: ERROR: no changes made to zone <epsu84>: unable to boot zone
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to boot <2> zones that are not currently running - no
packages installed on those zones

Processing package instance <LGTOclnt> from </Dist/Legato_7.3.1>
## Installing package <LGTOclnt> in global zone

NetWorker Client(sparc) 7.3.1.Build.208
Copyright (c) 1990-2006, EMC Legato Software
This product includes software developed by the University of
California, Berkeley and its contributors.

To setup NetWorker you need to specify a directory to store various
data files in. For a NetWorker client or storage node the default
directory of /var/nsr is acceptable. However, for a NetWorker server,
this directory can become quite large and should reside on a big enough
file system.

Below is a list of file systems which you might consider:

File system              Free space in KB
df: cannot statvfs /tank/zones/epsu83/lu: Permission denied
df: cannot statvfs /tank/zones/epsu84/lu: Permission denied
/                                 1366344
/devices                                0

********* Here i break the installation**************

Enter a NetWorker data directory (default=/var/nsr) [?] [b]^C[/b]

Installation of <LGTOclnt> was terminated due to user request.
No changes were made to the system.
## Interrupted: package <LGTOclnt> not installed in any non-global zones

6 packages were not processed!

******** Back to root prompt**********

# zoneadm list -cv
  ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
   0 global           running        /
   3 epsu83           [b]mounted[/b]        /tank/zones/epsu83
   4 epsu84           [b]mounted[/b]        /tank/zones/epsu84

[b]# zoneadm -z epsu83 reboot[/b]
zoneadm: zone 'epsu83': reboot operation is invalid for zones in state 'mounted'
[b]# umount /tank/zones/epsu84[/b]
cannot unmount '/tank/zones/epsu84': Device busy

After some 'fiddling' once again this is where i decided to reboot the server
since i had no idea what to do. I still have the same error as my other post is
showing i.e.
# zlogin epsu84 /usr/sbin/shutdown -i6 -y -g0
zlogin: could not enter zone epsu84: Bad address
etc
etc
etc

Regards,

Pierre

  • [zones-discus... Pierre Klovsjo
    • Re: [zon... Enda o'Connor - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Software Engineer
      • [zon... Pierre Klovsjo
        • ... Pierre Klovsjo
          • ... Enda o'Connor - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Software Engineer
            • ... Dick Davies
              • ... Jeff Victor
                • ... Enda o'Connor - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Software Engineer
                • ... Dick Davies
                • ... James Carlson
                • ... Dick Davies