Blastwave is fine for installing in the global zone.  However, this
implies that packages added or updated in the global zone would get
applied to ALL non-global zones as well.  The only issue comes
when say you want to install just mysql in one zone and apache2 in
another zone.  For this you would be better off installing them
independently in two separate zones.

To take this one step further, one of the really cool
differentiators of blastwave from sunfreeware is that you
can update all the blastwave packages via pkg-get upgrade.
This single action applies all updates.  If you ran this
in the global zone, it would only update the blastwave
packages known about in the global zone.  If you install
additional packages in a non-global zone, those
packages wouldn't get updated.  In addition, if the
packages in a non-global zone that are unique to that zone
break as a result of the pkg-get upgrade in the global zone,
the non-global zone wouldn't have a way to reconcile or know
that reconciliation was necessary.

All that to say, I personally prefer to manage blastwave
package sets independently in each non-global zone.  Its
really just a preference to keep it simple.

Brad