I recommend that you restrict blastwave bits to the non-global zone.
That way you cannot end up with package conflicts between the global
zone and non-global zones or between non-global zones.

I have made installing Blastwave packages really easy for you via
the zonemgr with the "-G <blastwave_pkg>" option.  Note that this
works for sparse and whole root zones.

For example the following invocation of zonemgr will
   1. Create a sparse (standard inheritied directories) zone
   2. named mysql
   3. in /zones/mysql
   4. with IP address 192.168.0.10
   5. on nic hme0
   6. with CIDR netmask of /24
   7. and add host record for host name mysql
   8. Inherit the resolution config from the global zone
   9. and Install pkg-get, mysql5, apache2, and all
      requisite bits from blastwave.

   zonemgr -a add -n mysql -z /zones -P abc123 \
     -C /etc/resolv.conf -C /etc/nsswitch.conf \
     -I "192.168.0.10|hme0|24|mysql" -G mysql5 -G apache2

Note that copying resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf may not
be necessary depending on your global and non-global
configs.  This is just what I do on my test system.

More info available at the Zone Manager site:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/zonemgr/

Hope that helps!

Brad