Learn something new every day. I didn't know that and thanks for the clarification. Your suggestion of introducing a "whole root zone" makes should be revisited. Not because of lazy typists but because of incorrect assumptions folks (like me) might make.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
FYI, you can also use "create -b" (blank) so you don't have to run
remove-pkg-dir 4 times.

Actually, the documented way to create a whole-root zone *is* to remove
the default inherit-pkg-dir resources.  The reason for this is "create
-b" says to use a blank template - namely, no properties set and no
resources defined.  It doesn't mean "create a whole-root zone" and in
the future, an empty template might not be the same as a whole-root
zone.

During the development of the project I suggested we introduce
something like "create -w" or "create -t SUNWwhole" ;-) and perhaps
it's time to consider that again.

dsc