Assuming you're using the shared IP stack (default), it is sufficient for the global zone interface(s) to be plumbed so that the non-global zones can use logical instances of the interface(s). So setting the GZ interfaces as "down' will prevent network access to/from the global zone.

--Glenn

Jordan Vaughan wrote:
Is there a way to disable all remote connections to the GZ? In other words, couldn't you use a firewall to reject connections on all ports to the GZ? That would effectively deny remote access to the GZ without having to disable any network interfaces.

Of course, disabling the GZ's interface(s) is preferable (it's simpler), but I'm not sure if it's possible. I haven't tried it.

Jordan