After I was able to configure and boot a zone I used sysconfig to
configure the new zone.  What I did was first create a system profile
.xml file using sysconfig create-profile -o /tmp/zone-profile.xml I then
used that as a template in my createzone script where I write that to a
temporary file, modifying some values like the node name and IP address
for that particular zone then I copy that into the zone from the global
zone and once the zone (called mit in this example) is booted I run:

# zlogin mit /usr/sbin/sysconfig configure -g system -c /var/tmp/mit.profile.xml

What I see is:
svcadm: No such instance "svc:/system/svc/restarter:default".

Unable to initiate unconfiguration process.

Anyone know what is going on there?

Note that after this I am able to zlogin into the zone and it appears to
be configured appropriately and:

# svcs svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         11:51:16 svc:/system/svc/restarter:default

Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer
Sent using mutt, a sweet, text based e-mail app <>