On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:32:33PM -0600, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> On Thu 09 Feb 2012 at 02:00PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:43:41PM -0500, "Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao ??)
> > Ph.D." wrote:
> > > I ASS U ME that you have see this
> > > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html
> >
> > That is good info, thanks.  Of course now I see another problem.  In
> > that guide above there is an example of having zoneadm clone use the
> > sysconfig created profile like so:
> >
> > Step 3: Create webzone-2 by Cloning webzone-1
> >
> > Next create webzone-2 using the modified configuration (by using zonecfg),
> > and then perform the clone of webzone-1 (by using zoneadm). Remember to add
> > the full path to the system config template. Note how quickly the clone is
> > completed. (We can see this by prepending the time command to our zonecfg
> > clone command.)
> >
> > root@global:~# zonecfg -z webzone-2 -f /zones/webzone-2-profile
> > root@global:/zones# time zoneadm -z webzone-2 clone -c
> > /zones/webzone-2-template.xml webzone-1
> >
> > However, the only description of -c I find in the S11 zoneadm man page
> > is for list.  Can someone confirm that -c <sysconfig profile file> works
> > for clone?  Also how do I use -c when creating a new zone that is not a
> > clone?
>
> The man pages are a little hard to read due to separation between the
> generic options and the brand-specific options.  Notice in zoneadm(1M)
> that you see:
>
>      install [brand-specific options]

>          The zone's brand may  include  additional  options  that
>          govern  how  the software will be installed in the zone.
>          See brands(5) for specific brand information.
>
> Thus begins the twisty passages, all looking the same.  brands(5) refers
> to solaris(5), solaris10(5), and other man pages.  To see the options
> available for solaris (the default) branded zones, you want to look at
> solaris(5).  There you will see:

Yes, I see that now, thanks.  I think some additional examples in the
zoneadm man page that use specific brand options would be helpful and in
the brands.5 man page additional explanation as to which of the things
in the See Also section are brand instances and also that these brand
instance man pages contain information on zoneadm subcommand arguments
that are associated with that particular brand.

--
Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer