On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:33:35PM -0500, "Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao ??) Ph.D."
wrote:
> hi
> not sure about your sequence of event
> in general  after create
> one do install with the *xml
> then run zlogin
> >
> >  * *For a shared-IP zone:*
> >    #*sysconfig create-profile -o /path/sysconf.xml -g
> > location,identity,naming_services,users*
> >
> >*Use the created profile during zone install, clone, or attach
> >operations.*
> >#*zoneadm -z my-zone install -c /path/sysconf.xml*
> did you run install?

Yes.  Let me provide more detail:

# zonecfg -z mit -f /tmp/zonecfg-file
# zoneadm -z mit install
# zoneadm -z mit boot
# cp /tmp/mit.profile.xml /zones/mit/root/var/tmp/
# zlogin mit /usr/sbin/sysconfig configure -g system -c /var/tmp/mit.profile.xml
svcadm: No such instance "svc:/system/svc/restarter:default".

Unable to initiate unconfiguration process.

Note that as I stare at the sysconfig man page I am becoming less
certain that the example it has of:

     The following sequence of commands creates a  profile,  then
     uses it to reconfigure a system.

       # sysconfig create-profile -o /tmp/myprofile.xml
       # sysconfig configure -g system -c /tmp/myprofile.xml

is correct.  I say this because I've literally been using "-g system"
but when I read the section on functional groups which I guess -g is
used to specify there doesn't appear to be a "system" group.  I just
opened a bug against that man page on this issue.

--
Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer