On 15 Jan 2006, at 12:04, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Lennart Regebro wrote:
CMFonFive version dance confuses the heck out of me, we should try to
keep things simple.

Yes, I agree. So I think all of CMFonFive, including these changes,
should be in CMF 1.6. That ends the dance. It was a mistake to move
half of CMFonFive into CMF. We should have moved all of it in, and
called that 1.6 instead of 1.5.2 (but that's too late now).

Doing this however, means that CMF 1.6 will NOT support Zope 2.8.

I don't understand why that should be. It's also against everything that
was decided when CMF 1.6 was started. Plone 2.5, for example, will use
CMF 1.6 and wants Zope 2.8 compat.

Philipp is right, we really cannot drop Zope 2.8-compatibility for CMF 1.6. If you simply drop any further CMF 1.5 work and only had CMFonFive that works with CMF 1.6 regardless of Zope 2.8/2.9, what would that leave you with in terms of CMFOnFive versions?