On Feb 29, 2008, at 10:00 , Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 29. Februar 2008 08:39:05 +0000 Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Of course, we should also provide a way to get an interface or something else describing the configuration for introspection purposes. Waiting one or two Zope versions for that to get a non-purging GS import handler when
there's a works-90%-of-the-time solution (falling back on current
behaviour) would be a shame though.

You don't have to wait for for new Zope versions. Defining the interface officially in Zope 2.10, 2.11 and trunk will raise no problems. I have no problems with putting this into the official release branches - or?

My personal opinion: I'd rather see the interface-based solution in a few weeks or a couple months (the next Zope release) than the, umh, less-than-professional solution that will stick around forever. As such solutions have a tendency to do. "It works now" absolves everyone from the task to come back later and improve the solution, so no one does.