--On 29. Februar 2008 16:45:19 +0100 yuppie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 28. Februar 2008 09:38:31 +0100 yuppie
<y.2008-E2EsyBC0hj3+aS/[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd prefer a IConfigurableIndex interface that also has a set method.

I added the IIndexConfiguration to the Zope trunk. I don't think that a
set method is a good idea. Removing and re-adding is possibly the
cleanest solution. Some indexes might perform some configurations within
their constructor. Calling clear() would not be enough for getting their
configuration right.

All the export/import adapters shipped with GenericSetup and the adapter
shipped with TextIndexNG3 *modify* the indexes and call clear(). AFAICT
this works fine. And with an official set method it would no longer be a
hack.

Switching to the remove-and-re-add pattern would not be easy.

So just go ahead and define the interface as you need it :-)

Andreas