[Andreas Jung]
>> do I see right that we have two different ZConfig versions in the SVN?
>> One one the root level
>> and one under Zope/lib/python? Shouldn't we unify the versions by making
>> the most current version the master?

[yuppie]
> Other copies are here:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/ZConfig/
> http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZConfig/

Also copies in various branches and tags of the above.

Note that all the same goes for zdaemon too.

> Maybe using svn:external would make the dependencies more obvious?

Yup -- although so far there isn't a tag to point at, for either
zdaemon or ZConfig.

The person "in charge" of a project should figure out how they like to
stitch external stuff into it.  I doubt anyone working on Zope 2.8
would object to using svn externals for these; I'm not sure about
Zope3 (Jim seems to like copies instead -- I'm unclear on why).