Howdi.

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:08:58PM +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> From: "Matt Behrens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Well, as far as "least-intrusive", CC loses some points by not being
> > compatible with some of the user folders that do their own cookie auth,
> > although that's arguably not CC's fault.
> >

> Which makes me think of another point. I haven't used Zope 2.5.1 yet, but I
> understand from some of the traffic on the mailinglists that some have
> wanted to disable the session tracking/session management beause it
> interferes with the solutions they allready use for session tracking.
>
> And now there is a possible inclusion of another product (CC) that might
> conflict with other products' cookie functionality.

Hmm. I didn't get an answer right now (well i don't find the question again too)
if the cookie crumbler would interfere subfolders (distor through acquisition)
or would only be active on a "sibling" userfolder, which he is "watching".
In the case he would interfere the whole system if its installed at root level,
i will agree to you completely that it shouldn't be that intrusive, in the other
case i would say it's an acceptable option because the cookie crumbler would only
be installed by default if the standard userfolder is instanciate (as i imagine this
right now ...)

> Instead of locking up users with a particular implementation of a solution
> to a general problem, why not present an API for a) session management and
> b) cookie management, and then present default products that use these API's
> to provide solutions? This way it will not be hard to replace both session
> management and cookie management with other products.
>
> Any one else think that this might be a worthwhile idea? If so, I can offer
> time and effort and my limited knowledge of zope to make this possible.

cool in either case of the situation i think.

Regards

Christian

--
Christian Theune - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])