On Monday 08 December 2003 11:35, Stefan H. Holek wrote:

> Note that this is one of my main points: It will be of little use to
> document usage of BASEPATH1+absolute_url(1) when '/'+absolute_url(1)
> appears to work (until it is far too late).

We can fix this social problem by providing an easy way for product developers
to run their development zope server with the virtual path equivalent to an
inside-out hosting configuration. easy means not needing apache/squid.

Our staging server is uses an inside-out virtual host configuration (to
simplify ssl certificate management) so we hit all these problems early
enough to fix the damage cheaply.

--
Toby Dickenson