Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

I chose alternative 4 from:

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/RenameTheZopePackage

As that seemed to be the most popular, although I personnally prefer
3.

Resolving this peacefully is becoming more urgent for me as I'd
like to be able to use Five (Zope 3 on Zope 2) on Windows
eventually.

Is there some workaround?

Sure, put "zope" in a different directory.

I don't understand what this means. A different directly on the python path?

I'd really hate to have to wait for a mythical
Zope 2 release (likely not 2.8) that renamed Zope to something
else, for instance.

I had planned to do this in Zope 2.8, mainly because I wanted to include zope.interface in 2.8, mainly to address the difficulty of installing the Interface shim. Your recent work makes the shim unnecessary. I'm really anxious to get 2.8 out, so I'm inclined not to include zope.interface in 2.8, and thus not deal with the zope vs Zope issue in 2.8.

So what does this mean for Five on Windows?

Regards,

Martijn