--On 4. November 2005 11:27:10 -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Most people who download Zope 2 are not Python programmers. Many of them
become Python programmers later.  I think this is a big part of Zope 2's
value proposition that we haven't matched in Zope 3 yet.

Having said that, I don't really like the configure/make farce myself.
I'd be happy to get rid of it.  I'm also happy to defer to the vocal
majority.  Maybe it's worth revisiting this, which is why the provocative
subject. :)

Unless you have time enough I would keep it :-) From my experience using configure was never a problem - neither for newbies nor advanced Zope users. People unable to run "configure; make" are also likely unable to run any other kind of command to perform the same task.