On 6/14/06, Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is the case for meta_types and __ac_permissions__ but I think you
mistook the fact that "methods" followed a comment that said "handle
old-style product data" for the fact that it was deprecated.  But it
never was officially deprecated, nor did it ever need to be.  It just
*happened* to follow that comment, lumped in with meta_types and
__ac_permissions__.  The deprecation warning is nonsensical there.
"please use registerClass instead" is a non-sequitur as a deprecation
warning, because registerClass will not help you do what "methods" does.

Ah, well, then we have two overlapping issues that causes this problemo:

1. We did not use deprecation warnings years ago.
2. "methods" issue deprecation warnings by mistake.

(In fact, 2 is an effect of 1, as the warning comes because it was
unclear what was deprecated.)

This means that we in any case definitely should NOT remove "methods"
until 2.11, if at all. :)

So this is not a problem with deprecation period, time based releases
or anything else, then.