On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 05:47:06PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 9. April 2008 14:15:38 +0100 Laurence Rowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> @everyone:
>> If we can all agree to use the same basic session and transaction
>> management then we should probably push for it to be included as a
>> sqlalchemy extension module.
> I would be happy with such a solution. As said, I am not into the
> datamanager-building business and more interested in
> application-integration issues. The basic requirements I have for our
> applications:
> - having the same session within one ZODB transaction (per thread)
> - need to get hold of the underlying database connection for a given
>   session

Just adding my few requirements:

    - Integration into transactions.

    - Integration into the component architecture in such a way that I
      can specify the db connection parameters in ZCML and that database
      reflection still works. I want to be able to get a handle on SQLAlchemy
      things by calling getUtility.

    - Have a connection available as IZopeDatabaseAdapter utility (for

Brian Sutherland