Andreas Jung wrote:
> RestrictedPython: I talked with Alan Runyan about this topic at the
> Plone conference....if we are serious then RP has to be reviewed. But
> who can review it and how long would it take. There are possibly only a
> limited number of people with the experience and skills for performing
> such a review. The last review took several person days (as far as I can
> remember). So the review process is possibly tied to some financial
> resource in order to sponsor the review.

The problem is two-fold:

1. Identify the people who are able (and could be convinced) to do the

2. Find the money to sponsor this work

Is the Zope Foundation in any position to lead this process? Who else
would be in a position to do so?

My impression is that the second problem requires only organization.
There are enough companies around in the market that still use Zope2 as
their strategic platform. I'd expect some of them to be willing to pay
for this investment. In a joined effort this should not be a huge amount
for any individual company.