On 30.10.2008 19:38 Uhr, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

So from a Plone perspective there is no demand for any soon feature
freeze or release of Zope 2 itself. Alpha releases might come in handy
during spring next year, but even beta versions are not going to be
required or particular useful to us.

The problem with the alpha and beta releases in the past were basically phases of long-term development. I know that the Zope 2 development is pretty unorganized (things happen when they happen). We should move your proposal somewhere to wiki.zope.org for having it as a reminder.

From what I know of other consumers of Zope 2, it seems Haufe doesn't
have a need for any of the Zope 2.12 features at this point,
but is
using Zope 2.11 / Zope 3.4 as a development base.

There is no special need for a Zope 2.12 release from the Haufe side - we still have to catch up :-)

Andreas
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas