On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 05:14, Martin Aspeli <optilude+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The new.zope.org initiative died because no-one could write any content.
> Even then 5-10 pages of content requires for a very basic microsite was
> too much, and several separate calls for volunteers produced almost no
> actual content, even if several people showed an interest.

Where did you ask for volunteers? I don't remember seeing in on
zope-web, but I could have missed it or just forgot.

My attitude has always been, and is still: Build it and they will
come. We don't need content, we need a site. Besides, the current
state is, and has for a long time been, almost worse than having no
site at all, and definitely worse than having a couple of microsites
even if these have almost no content.

> Another observation: the thing that most people seem to want to make a
> site about was the ZODB. We nearly had enough content for a ZODB
> microsite thanks to Christian Theune and a few others.

If there is one page, then that's enough. Hence, there should have
been a zodb.zope.org by now.

Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
+33 661 58 14 64