On Feb 21, 2009, at 08:55 , Andreas Jung wrote:

> - - are there any legal issues with the design & layout in case we
> want to
> make modifications? I know that the designer of new.zope.org theme
> made some trouble when it came to discussion about the briefs and
> donouts on the new.zope.org frontpage.

Yes there are. In essence, do not use the design, period.

Here are the reasons I had for voting against continuing new.zope.org:

  - the design is not free and re-usable

  - the designer has stopped providing any support for the design, and
the person who found and tasked the designer with the design work,
Jodok, has given up on the whole issue because he is frustrated as well

  - the website structure and presentation is too Zope 3-centric.
Zope2 is basically hidden away. IMHO this may reflect the original
creators' thinking, but doesn't reflect the world out there, which
still uses mainly Zope2.

  - no one has given any thought to migration issues (old URLs will
fail, zope.org users with login will complain that there is no login

The ZF board vote was to stop supporting the project on the current
path. Everyone still wants to see a new zope.org site, but this
particular project wasn't going anywhere anymore. Several project
managers came, spent much effort trying to make it work, and left
again. It's better to start with a clean slate, and maybe with a
smaller set of goals.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)