Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Sunday 19 April 2009, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> -1.  As a branding choice (as opposed to a technology), "Zope 3" *is* a
>> dead-end:  it implies a strategy (replacing Zope 2) which we no longer
>> believe in.  I think the consequences of the brand confusion are hard
>> for those uf us "inside" to estimate, but they are far from trivial.
>
> I never communicated to anyone that I believe that Zope 3 is a successor of
> Zope 2. Other people pushed that message.

It's not a message that needs pushing.

In virtually every other piece of software ever created, when a version
3 comes out, it's meant to supersede version 2.

No amount of navel-gazing is going to make that less confusing to people
who are not happy to read the 40 messages of nuanced debate a day this
list has produced lately.

Martin