On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 July 2011 10:31, Hanno Schlichting <ha...@hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> So we just got ourselves a Zope2 version 3.0. And no, naming it 4.0 or
>> 5.0 or anything else doesn't make it any better at all. So 3.0 is the
>> most sensible one :)
>
> Boy, that's going to be confusing. :)
> I'd actually favour calling it Zope2 4.0 just to avoid any mix-up with the
> defunct Zope 3, although I don't think there are any particularly good
> options here.

Zope2 4.0 would imply some sort of upgrade path from Zope 3 to this.
That's as confusing as anything else and would lead to the question
what happened to Zope2 3.0.

Since we don't market Zope2 anymore, I think there's actually much
less confusion from this than we'd fear. It's just an internal version
number used in some buildout files, not something that has any
particular meaning.

Hanno