On 08/20/2012 12:39 PM, Charlie Clark wrote:
Am 20.08.2012, 12:27 Uhr, schrieb Robert Niederreiter <r...@squarewave.at>:
even the linux kernel guys seem to prefer the benefits of github.
 https://github.com/torvalds/linux

Yes, promotional materials would have nothing to do with the commercial nature of the service. Not that I'm against a commercial service provider.

In this case also untrue as far as I know: Linus only setup a mirror on github to have some way to publish a git tree after the kernel.org comprise. He was also very explicit about not willing to use any github features.

Wichert.