Tres Seaver wrote:
What is needed is not scripts, but eyeballs:  we need people who know the
various packages and*care*  about getting them migrated to github to step
up.  Softwward which doesn't have a champion willing to do the work
should stay behind on SVN.

The community as a whole cares about having them all migrated to github. I'm sure this will happen the next time there's a sprint, just like lots of them got migrated (and subsequently deleted) at the zope4 sprint in San Francisco a few years back.

We need man-hours, sure, but not champions. Being blocked on working on the code because you're the first one to care about a package and subsequently have to learn how to do the migration is a crazy way of doing things.