- docs/
----index.html
----other-docs.html
- foo/
----index.html
----other-foo-docs.html
- other-home-directory-docs.html

Thats the structure we are aiming at?

That's the generated structure. Something like:

foo.txt
bar.txt
baz
  index.txt
  qux.txt
hoi
  index.txt
dag.txt

would become:

foo.html
bar.html
baz
   index.html
   qux.html
hoi
   index.html
dag.html

Possibly ripping off the .html everywhere to turn it into:

foo
bar
baz
  qux
hoi
dag

2. How does 'upload to zope.org' work?
As to the ReST, I want to start maintaining that in the svn.zope.org repository.

Yup. Some script could be run to synchronize the different components:

rest.svn.zope.org -> zf.www.rest --> zf.tfws.org.nz --> [wget?] -->
zope.org

Worst of the worse, we keep in touch and I syncronise it manually. Not a
big job.

not sure what these components all do, but some script that checkso ut the rest from svn.zope.org, runs it through your generator, and uploads the HTML and images up onto zope.org.

And later, do it all with zope3 :-D

Yeah, Zope 3 or whatever. I'm trying to avoid us from geeking out on the tech and focusing on the immediate tasks. :)

I'm trying to figure this out. On the near term, we may just upload all of this into a plain zope on zope.org every time we make changes.

Unsure of meaning: `a plain zope`. ??

Oh, zope.org has some odd variety of Plone, but normal Zope 2 stuff still works in areas, including the /foundation part. So we could simply upload them as page templates into the zope. I'd prefer it if it were something simpler, but that might be easiest given the infrastructure.

[snip]
Finally, eventually this should be converted into CMS content for one CMS or another. That'll take a lot of hosting infrastructure work to get done first, though.

Keep core/source data in directory/restfile then anything is possible.
Keep it simple. I think that any reasonable cms will be able to import
the structured data and generate a site using a given template.

Yes, keeping it simple and in ReST for now is my goal. Eventually we may need some forms though: "join the foundation!" but we can make do with email addresses for now.

Regards,

Martijn