[Chris Withers]
>> Where do I get either of those versions of VC++ from?

[Benji York]
> You can purchase them wherever fine Microsoft products are sold.

Or you can fetch the compiled .pyds from my member page, as the
current Windows build-bot slaves do (see the "wget PYDs log" and
"unzip PYDs log" steps from the "Windows 2000 fred-win" column at
<http://buildbot.zope.org/>).

BTW, Microsoft no longer sells VC6.

>> Also, how can I build both 2.3 and 2.4 stuff on one machine?

I do this routinely on my boxes, but I don't know anything about the
build-bot environment (which would have to be strange indeed to
prevent building 2.3 and 2.4 versions on the same box).