> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>
>>> However, I think one namespace for ZCML is enough.
>>
>> +1

Big +1 to all of Philipp's suggestions.

<context>
I have a fair amount of experience with Zope2 and am learning Zope3...but
with half an eye at Ruby on Rails and Spring/Hibernate.  I want to build
business objects in Python but build my GUIs using XML, XSLT and AJAX
technologies that will work on *any* backend platform or language.
</context>

I like generating documentation directly from source.
Namespaces provide a nice way to do that with XML files via XSLT, while
still enabling RelaxNG schema validation, etc.
For example, you could embed textual annotations using a different
namespace that should be ignored by ZCML machinery, e.g.

<z:directive>
  <z:name>foo</z:name>
  <a:documentation>
   The foo directive indicates that the bar setting should be wombat.
   This is important when...
  </a:documentation>
</z:directive>

NOTE: if you make the ZCML namespace the default, then the above would
simply be:

<directive>
  <name>foo</name>
  <a:documentation>
   The foo directive indicates that the bar setting should be wombat.
   This is important when...
  </a:documentation>
</directive>

IMHO, We *must* make Zope3 a good XML citizen or stand to lose developers
to competing platforms.  OTOH, using more than one namespace for ZCML
itself seems silly.

my 2c,

--Craeg