Amos Latteier wrote:
* I agree with Roger this might make sense for small projects. However, for the small projects that I work on I more often need dynamic but not persistent stuff, rather than static file serving. So this proposal would appeal more to me if one could "mount" non-persistent object, e.g. modules in the URL space (a la Bobo).

Yes, you could, if there's a ZCML directive that says to do so. For example:

<map extension=".bobo"
     handler="zope.webroot.handlers.Bobo" />

Then just create a .bobo file, with a format recognized by the Bobo handler.