Christian Theune wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thomas Lotze and I were working on creating a zc.buildout for one of our
internal projects.

The ZCML of our application is loaded using the 'package-includes'

I think this is a bad idea.  I think for serious development,
package-includes is a bad idea.  For our projects, we *never*
use package-includes.

> To support functional testing, a 'kita-ftesting.zcml' slug
was placed in the 'package-includes' and - as far as I can tell - this
takes care to only load this ZCML when running functional tests.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

We're having a problem with the buildout integration at this point, as
for the testrunner we are using the zc.recipe.testrunner recipe.

However, the functional testing ZCML is placed in the instance part, but
the testrunner does not know anything about this (should it?).

You'll need to use the working-directory option in the testrunner recipe to get
to run from the instance.  The functional test code in
*assumes* that the current working directory is an instance directory. :(

Here's the question: what would be a good way to get the test runner
load the correct ZCML for running tests?

IMO, the package you want to test should define it's own
ftesting.zcml and define a zcml-based test layer based on that.
see zc.sharing as an example.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation