Jim Fulton wrote:
> Steve Alexander wrote:
>>>> I'd be happy using launchpad too. The last link points to a discussion
>>>> that didn't have any decision in the end. I wouldn't go as far as
>>>> abandoning the old collector data.
>>> Then I think we should stick with the current collector unless someone
>>> comes forward to do the work of moving the data, or unless we decide
>>> we don't need to.
>> As many of you know, I'm manager of the Launchpad project at Canonical.
>> I hereby offer the services of a member of the Launchpad team at
>> Canonical to write Collector code if necessary in order to get an export
>> of bugs from the Collector in a format that can be imported into
>> Launchpad, to import said bugs into a demonstration server of Launchpad
>> so we can check that the data conversion is good enough, and to do an
>> actual import into the Launchpad production database, and to do this
>> during January 2007.
>> In return, I want a commitment that we'll use Launchpad for bug tracking
>> for 6 months. (The bug data will be available in a documented XML
>> format if y'all decide that Launchpad isn't for you, and you want to
>> move to something else after this time.) I also want to give the
>> Launchpad developer a single point of contact in the Zope community who
>> will make decisions about any questions around mapping the semantics of
>> Collector issues into Launchpad bugs, or lead discussions on the mailing
>> list about this if necessary.
>> There are a few Launchpad developers in the Zope developer community, so
>> I think there's a good communication channel there. Nonetheless, I
>> would also like to offer the Zope Foundation Board phone and online
>> access to the Canonical 24/7 support office for getting a quick response
>> on any critical issues that are affecting use of Launchpad, while the
>> Zope project is using Launchpad as its bug tracker.
>> I'd appreciate a decision on this offer before Christmas, and preferably
>> sooner, so I can schedule the time before I leave on vacation.
> Thanks for this very generous offer.
> We've discussed this on the Zope Foundation Board and we unanimously
> accept your offer.
Thank you (and the rest of the Board) for a swift decision. I'll make
> I assume that this pertains to Zope 3 only. I'd love to move the ZODB
> issues to Launchpad, but that would require converting at least some of the
> Zope collector as well.
I think that once we've figured out the right way to move one Collector,
we can straightforwardly apply that to any others, as needed.
Zope3-dev mailing list