I'll be happy to see the complete eggification - the sooner the better. The only issue I see as a possible negative is that it may be hard for folks to visualize z3's potential. AFAIK the framework approach has not negatively impacted Twisted that has some documentation and a book but no core app. The pattern for package construction in z3 is getting clearer all the time but folks will certainly need to work to see z3's advantages. Maintaining an eggified app, whether folks want to build on it or learn from it, is likely still relevant to the future of z3.