Thanks Jim. Where is PILwoTk located at the moment? I'll look to pull it in with a dev egg in the short term in the buildout to satisfy the dependency until this is more widely available.

With all the packages and dependencies to look after in a buildout, particularly for a larger zope app, something like a pre-flight (that could be executed as an option to a buildout) might be valuable. I think something that could analyze, assess, verify, and print dependency information without running a complete buildout might be the ticket if it is possible.

The general idea comes to me from other systems I have used in the past (such as xml publishing toolchains) where you run a pre-flight to determine whether large documents will run through the toolchain successfully without actually constructing the document.

Regards,
David