Baiju M wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

>> Note that I see -3.4.tar.gz released 11 april, as well as 3.4.0a1
>> tarballs released yesterday. What are those 3.4 release eggs
>> doing there? Sometimes a package only has a 3.4 release,
>> sometimes it only has a 3.4.0a1 release, and sometimes both. That
>> 3.4 is already available in some cases while we're only at a1
>> seems wrong to me.
> 3.4 seems wrong, maybe they are 3.4dev?

 I don't know - shouldn't that show up in the package name? It's just
 plain 3.4 in quite a few cases.

 Should those be removed? If so, who does have the access to remove
 them? :)

I have created completely deprecated packages' 3.4 eggs and
uploaded to . Since we have
nothing else to do with that, I think that is Ok.  I also found
the final release of zope.testing in Python's cheeseshop.
I am not aware of any other packages.

So if I understand you correctly, the 3.4 packages only exist for packages that have been deprecated, and you think this is all right because we're unlikely to change these packages before the 3.4 release? Or do you mean the removal of these packages is ok? I can read what you wrote either way. :)

Anyway, whatever you meant, I consider the current situation to be confusing. The rule should be never to upload packages of a version newer than what we're actually going to release next. I would therefore still request the 3.4 packages to be removed.

I realize that eventually the individual package versions might start running independently from each other. We will discuss that when we get to it, though.