Andreas Jung wrote at 2007-8-24 19:35 +0200:
>Whitespace rules have a major impact on the readability of code.
>Readability is a major point when we talk of code quality. Readable code
>does not make code automatically but good code has to be readable.

Lots of whitespace does not make the code more readable for all
persons -- it does not for me, for example.

Other rules are more important:

  *  use speaking names

  *  ensure that a "unit" (e.g. a function definition) can been seen in its
     whole

  *  carefully document complex operations

  *  combine a general overview with detailed source documentation.

--
Dieter