Tres Seaver wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
The ExtensionClass changes are not done,
and I think there are other C-level changes which have not
It was never said whether Zope 2 would be part of the GSoC project or not. That said, we can't drop Python 2.4 support until
... we've made sure Zope 2 runs on Python 2.5...

How are you getting ExtensionClass working?  Last I looked, the C
extension didn't compile on 2.5.

You probably misunderstood my statement. I forgot to finish the sentence so I followed up on my own email and finished it. The whole sentence reads:

  That said, we can't drop Python 2.4 support until we've made sure
  Zope 2 runs on Python 2.5.

Anyway, it seems that ExtensionClass works on Python 2.5 just fine, except for the usual compiler warnings that you get on PYthon 2.5:

  $ svn co $z/ExtensionClass/trunk ExtensionClass
  $ cd ExtensionClass
  $ python2.5 bootstrap/bootstrap.py

  $ bin/buildout
  Develop: '/Users/philipp/dev/ExtensionClass/.'
  In file included from src/ExtensionClass/_ExtensionClass.c:176:
  src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c: In function 'pickle_copy_dict':
src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c:99: warning: passing argument 2 of 'PyDict_Next' from incompatible pointer type src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c: In function 'pickle_setattrs_from_dict': src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c:223: warning: passing argument 2 of 'PyDict_Next' from incompatible pointer type
  Installing test.
  Generated script '/Users/philipp/dev/ExtensionClass/bin/test'.

  $ bin/test
  Running unit tests:
    Ran 43 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.260 seconds.