On Sep 26, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Fred Drake wrote:

On 9/26/07, Gary Poster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I should make our own private copies of the eggs we use, to
completely isolate us from these sorts of things, but I have not
gotten around to it...nor am I thrilled at the prospect of that

This is also a technical issue:  As long as zc.buildout and setuptools
foolishly accept dependency links from an egg, it'll be painful to
detect accidental reliance on external repositories.

That's a good point. I wouldn't go so far as to say "foolishly", but I would say that this is a policy that should be overrideable. Checkins to buildout (with tests, of course) accepted.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation