On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:26 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
If we are going to have a change log, which we should, I would prefer
it to be included in source distributions.

I want them present in the *installed* egg, not just in the source
distribution:  setuptools doesn't preserve source distributions after
creating / installing the '.egg' version.

Agreed, but....

 Including a file other
that README in the root requires extra effort that I don't want to
require -- writing setup.py files is hard enough as it is.

Put the "real" README.txt and CHANGES.txt in the actual package:  the
version which is a peer of 'setup.py' should be a stub which points to
the "real" versions.

I can live with this, but I don't like it. It feels more complicated to me.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation