David Pratt wrote at 2007-10-8 00:21 -0300:
>Zope 2 is one application among many dependent upon zope 3.
>Zope 3 is different software than zope 2.

I do not argue with you that Zope3 is "different software than Zope 2".

What I argue about is "Zope 2 is an application".
I have seen hundreds of applications built on top of Zope 2, long
before someone thought about Zope 3. I interpret this as:
"Zope 2 is not an application but a web application framework".

Recently some applications make not only use of Zope 2
but also of Zope 3 (prominent example is Plone 3).
But Zope 2 itself is still only slightly dependent on Zope 3.