Martin Aspeli wrote:
Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

But having a name that signifies that there is something a little more than a
new major-version release going on here would go a long way in giving people
something to fix their minds on.
Not if that name changes with every release, becuase then people will
see it as a release code name, because that's what it will be.

Absolutely - we seem to be on the same page. :)

The branding needs to be consistent and carried forward, until such time we
refactor the whole thing again and call it Zope 4. :)
My university, Virginia Tech, is doing something similar right now, and I think it is in part due to recent negative publicity involving athletics (I could be wrong). The vision includes a new trademarked tagline (Invent the Future) and a new logo incorporating the tagline. http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/story.php?relyear=2006&itemno=53

We could do something similar:

Zope 3: Excellence in Web Component Design

OK, I'm not a marketer, but something in that vein could help to gain community standing.

-Jim Washington