Stephan Richter wrote:
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 13:06, Derek Richardson wrote:
I am hoping that Zope 3 assigns an RFC 4122 UUID to each content item.
If not, I am hoping there is a third-party product to do this.

No there is neither. We have an intid utility that guarantees System-wide unique ids.

This is a misconception which occurs througout this thread. Integer IDs are only unique within the reach of a *particular* integer ID utility. They're not unique throughout the whole system (which I interpret as "global") nor through the whole ZODB. In fact, problems can arise when you have a site with an intid utility, populate it with objects and then create another intid utility in a subsite.