Am 30.07.2007 um 19:37 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:
I'm not sure what "working in the zc.buildout" is supposed to mean.
I don't consider zc.buildout evil. Not totally at least :).
I benefit from zc.buildout in two ways for my zope projects since i
figured it out:
- every-time-and-every-place reproducable development environments
- only install what is really necessary
- I am bothered by that .installed.cfg (I always stumble over it,
because it's hidden).
- Someone already mentioned the .pyc-file misery.
- And it's not easy to find the right order for including
the .zcml-files in larger projects. Maybe there is a recommended
order somewhere which I didn't recognize until now. I thought about
extracting it from the DEPENDENCIES.cfg and import-statements.
Altogether it is really worth to dive into zc.buildout (but you
should take a deep breath ;-)
Zope3-users mailing list