Chris McDonough wrote:

> Isn't this covered in the FAQ?
>
> Honestly I'm sort of surprised that there is such a strong reaction to
> this.  When you talk about Perl for Zope, you're talking about three
> things:
>
> Perl through the web methods
> Perl external methods
> Glue code to make these things work properly
>
> I presume you're worried about #3.  Actually, I shouldn't presume that,
> I don't know what you're actually worried about.  Umm... what *are* you
> all worried about?

The only badness I can see coming out of this is this:

At present, I can consult at a client who is running Zope, and I'm
reasonably confident that I can read and understand all their code.

When people can write their site half in Perl, I could well be stuck...
unless I learn Perl :-)

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer