On Feb 7, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Eric Gorr wrote:

I need to create a site that works similarly to php.net...the problem is the same - to document a language.

From what I've seen, zope is fully capable of doing nearly everything I need it do, but I am uncertain about one aspect...check out:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php

for an example.

The aspects of this page that I like are:

1. It is not frame based

2. The left column shows a list of functions in the same category

3. The left column allows one to move up the function tree (i.e. ^Filesystem function, ^Function Reference, etc.)

4. There is static documentation for every function (Description, Parameters, Return Values, etc. - I'm sure zope could handle this part)

5. Users are allowed to comment on the functions

Assuming that Zope can do this, how difficult would it be? Can I get some pointers into the Zope documentation for how to accomplish this? Is it worth starting with something like Plone instead of with 'raw' zope?

Thank you.

Yes, easily. I'd go with raw zope.