JAvascript nor CSS cannot be dynamically generated from ZPT. ZPT is thing for HTML and XML only. But with DTML you able to generate any binary data, same as with python script or external method.

Please read archives few months back, here are many discussions about DTML vs. ZPT.

In shorthand - ZPT is academic and Zope core developers language due some ideas about extralarge projects like CNN which are sublimed in normal praxis.

DTML is faster to learn, faster to run, in shorthand is better than ZPT.

FOr speed recignition, here are this mix of 1:4:10 from time of Zope 2.5.1:

products or ext. methods are the fastest. DTML is 4-times slower and ZPT is 10 times slower. Python script are slightly slower than products.

It is in general of course, real situations may vary.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Nash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>From what I have read online, the things that slow zope down are
primarily the numerous security checks and the large number of objects
that need to be written to the zodb when you save a document. Is there
a way we can manage these bottlenecks? Has anyone rated the
performance of say DTML vs ZPT? For a developer like myself, I derive
no benefits from zpt because the majority of my design elements are in
javascript and css. So I will continue to use dtml unless zpt actually
has better performance. Have performance/scalability studies been done
for any of the popular zope products? I'd like to reduce the number of
objects saved to the zodb if I knew how.